- If you are looking for some gaming action, then here is your best bet – Swoboda Deaf Center is organizing a Deaf Seniors Game Day on 12th September. Though it is titled as “seniors” there is no age restriction to participate. Swoboda is a very well known Chicago based organization, that organizes such great events regularly.
Place- 7050 W Belmont Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60634
Admission fees: $2 entry and $3 for games
- Interpreters play a big role in the deaf community and Deaf INC has organized an interesting chat session of such interpreters. You can visit this chat and can also participate with helpful suggestions or questions.
The whole chat will be based on the role of interpreters as professionals. This event named “Interpreters Coffee Chat” will surely bring some insight into the world of deaf communities and will help many to communicate better. This event will be taking place on 25th August from 5-6 P.M and entry is absolutely free.
Place: 25 E Frisco Ave, St Louis 63119
- An inspiring event will be hosted by the Pink Wings of Hope- Made with Love Craft Day. This is an event where crafts will be made and presented to deaf people and to the people who are having hearing problems due to cancer.
In this event, you will be able to find some interesting things that are made with lots of love for the people who are fighting a battle with a hearing deficiency. The event is taking place on August 27th from 9 A.M to 4 P.M.
Place- 25 E Frisco Ave, St Louis 63119
- Here is a very entertaining event for you, if you are a sports lover. Witness deaf footballers playing against each other in a football match organized by the Indiana School of The Deaf. The football match will showcase that the deaf community is not behind in any aspect of life. The match shall take place on 9th September at 7 P.M
Place- 1200 East 42nd Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46205
- A Deaf Night Out planned by “Western Minnesota Steam Threser’s”. The event will start from 10 A.M on September 3rd. The event promises a lot of fun and drama.
Place- Western Minnesota Steam Threser’s In Rollag. MN
- Love Halloween? Then, here is the event for you. This event taking place on 1st October promises a rejuvenating experience with lots of rides and fun activities. The Park hours are from 11 A.M to Midnight- have a visit there with your family and friends to experience some awesome fun.
Place- Sandusky, Ohio
- Tarrant County College is organizing their 14th Deaf Celebration on 24 September, 2016. It is also special this time, because there has been a long ten year gap from the last one.
This is an event that promises to help bring the deaf and hearing community together. It will have 50 exciting exhibitions on subjects like arts, hobbies and crafts. Their night program will engage some inspiring deaf entertainers with a high dose of enjoyment.
Place: Tarrant College, Texas
Being deaf or being hard of hearing doesn’t exclude you from getting a top notch education. In the United States there are a multitude of schools and universities that offer programs just for you!
These schools all operate with the purpose of aiding hearing impaired students so they can become better educated, encouraged to engage in further studies, become more self confident and directed as well as lifelong learners. Continue reading
This website has been specifically put in place to offer the deaf, hearing impaired people, and their families to have unlimited access to the vital resources they are in need of. This includes links to multimedia files on learning sign language and finger spelling tools. Both of which can allow them to conveniently communicate with others.
Even better, this website will be regularly updated to offer up-the-minute news and events that affect this particular set of our community. Some of the most notable of which will be regular updates on the developments in equal access issues in telecommunications and the media at large. Continue reading